May 14, 2012

My very own Darling...

I have been slowly been making a sleevless version of the Darling Ranges dress...and tada...here it is! (Though after looking through the photos, I think I will take a bit of time to add on the ties at the back). I love, love, love this print; I knew what it would become as soon as I saw the bolt.

I had every intention of altering the pattern for this version so that the neck line didn't dip so low, but I guess I was too excited and I forgot until after the whole front was traced and cut. Next time...

I made buttons holes for only the top 4 buttons (I figured this out by using my brown D.R. dress and checking which buttons I had left undone the last time I had worn it), saving lots of time and sanity. I also attached all of the buttons by machine...I forget where I read about it...but wow... Great tip!

And because I thought it would be fun, the hem is finished with lace on the inside of the skirt. :)  Next up... I have some jeans I am going to try to refashion and fit.

But first...a hilarious shot of me trying to spread some dandelion seeds.  Harhar.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! Mine took me MONTHS. I had a lot of fitting issues. That fabric is really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. I was lucky enough to have had one previously made for me, so I already knew it fit fairly well. There are still a few things I'd alter next time. I am generally too impatient to make muslins, but it does make it worth it when it's an item you'll wear lots.

      Delete